Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nativity Popsicle Stick Puppets

Mary and Joseph needed to go to Bethlehem to pay taxes.  When they arrived it was dark and late and there was no room for them in the inn.

That night the little baby Jesus was born.  Mary wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger.




Far out in the fields the shepherds were tending their sheep.  An angel told the shepherds that Jesus had been born.



The shepherds found Mary and Joseph and the babe and they knelt down and worshiped Him.


Far away in the East, the wise men saw a new star.  They knew that it meant that the baby Jesus had been born.  So they followed the star.  They brought gifts for the baby and knelt down and worshiped Him also.





*****

Normally for preschool, we put on a Christmas pageant with costumes and props.  This year we decided to do a puppet show instead.  We've been practicing for a while now with some felt hand puppets.  I thought it might be fun to use some different puppets for school tomorrow.  You know, to mix things up a bit.  So, I came up with these simple popsicle stick puppets.

I had my daughter make her own set.  She had fun gluing and drawing the faces on the sticks. (I love the eyelashes!  And I think baby Jesus has a pacifier-haha)  We used some velcro to attach the baby to Mary. 




Would you like to make some too?  Click here to purchase the file.



24 comments:

  1. Love, love LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Rachel. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your AWESOME!! I found you via pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh thanks! Glad you found me. And cute baby by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this on Pinterest, beyond adorable, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lori for "pinning" me. Don't you just love Pinterest? Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great little set. I just added a link on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't seem to figure out how to print it, and I would love to be able to do this project with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alicia, send me an email and I will send you a PDF file.

    likeaprettypetunia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just letting you know that I linked to this post on my page called Nativity Activities for Kids: http://www.zujava.com/nativity-activities-for-kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bonita. I can't wait to check out your page!

      Delete
    2. Do you mind if I send this idea to my Sabbath School Teachers? It is very cute and clever and inexpensive -- all those things are good :) I would love a pdf of it if possible.

      Thank you, Rosa

      Delete
    3. Rosa, I'd be happy if you sent this idea along to your teachers. I have updated the post with a pdf link. If that is still not working for you, shoot me your email address and I will send it to you personally.

      Merry Christmas!
      Julie

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sharing this idea! I will be using it with my Awana Cubbies tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this idea! I will be using it with my Awana Cubbies tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute idea. Thank you for sharing.

    Jordan @ Thosetinytoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful - we used it at our playgroup with a little alteration. Thanks so much for the wonderful idea :)
    Blessings to you this Christmas season xx Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, using this for a Christian Ethics class today, thanks for sharing your creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable--made them for church tomorrow. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just stumbled upon this. Love it and needed something for a co-op program. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I ended up using this cute idea for David and Goliath Bible story. Goliath - use a jumbo wooden craft stick and print a soldier's helmet to glue on top; David - use a mini ice cream cup size wooden craft stick and glue on a tiny sling shot print out

    Thank you, you inspired me with the nativity you created!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing this - absolutely lovely idea - making them now during lock down - and hopefully we will be able to put up the puppet show for the family this Christmas 2020!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...