Tuesday, November 8, 2011

handwritten notes? Definitely happy!

Happy Day Project.  Day Two.

Assignment:  write a note.



Handwritten notes.  LOVE them.  But I hardly ever send them anymore.  Isn't that just the case?  It's a lost art.  So, I was thrilled with the opportunity.  But, if I'm going to go to all the trouble to write a little note, I might as take it over the top.  Right?

Homemade cards.  They are truly the best.


This was the easiest card I have ever made.  And I have made quite a few in my day.  I used to belong to a card swap group.  We exchanged homemade cards for years.  Good times.  This card took about ten minutes to make start to finish.  Total.  I printed out a little thanksgiving sentiment on a piece of patterned card stock.  Then I sewed a scrap of ribbon to the bottom, pinching and folding it as I went.  I think it turned out super cute.  Just for kicks, I inked the edges.

Then to give it one more punch, I made a tiny little "thankful" banner and folded it up inside.  Banners totally make me smile.  It's like a little celebration.

Did you send a note today?

Write, stuff, lick, and stamp...

And just like that, you've made someone's day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...