Saturday, November 12, 2011

Operation Gratitude




Happy Day Project:  Day Six.

Assignment:  Appreciate those in service.

As I looked around the web, I found a site called operation gratitude.  This organization sends hundreds of thousands of care packages to the troops.  There are lots of ways to get involved.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  What a great way to honor our service men and women and celebrate Veteran's Day!  My family decided to write some letters of appreciation to send to the troops.  I might also sew up some quick neck gators with some extra fleece I have tucked away in my stash.  We'll see.  I found some patriotic coloring pages online for my daughter to color, and I made some simple cards to write a little note on.  Got too much going on today?  This would be a great project for Sunday afternoon or family night on Monday!  So grab a pen or pencil and let's get to work!

Print this page and cut in half to make two thank you cards.  (This card was designed using papers from weeds & wildflowers)



If you live close by, I'd be more than happy to ship your letters and pictures with ours.  Just drop them by before the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...