Thursday, November 10, 2011

gratitude journals

Happy Day Project: Day Four

Assignment:  Give a book to a friend

I thought I would mesh my gratitude theme with the book assignment.  And just like that we have...



The Gratitude Journal.

I'm sure that you are all familiar with the concept of a gratitude journal.  Basically, every day you write down five things that you are grateful for.   I picked up some very inexpensive pocket size notebooks from WalMart (less than a dollar).  I liked the small size of these books.  You could put it in your bedside table or toss it in your purse or backpack.  I'm all for expressing gratitude while I wait for the carpool kids.  Huh?  Whatever.

To make them look a bit nicer, I picked out a piece of scrap cotton from my box and made a quick book cover.  I figure that way, you can just replace the journal when it is full.  Easy peasy.



I found some neat gratitude quotes and wrote them in some of the margins.  Then I wrapped it all up with a bow.

Be grateful--it will help you be happy!

As the months pass and you fill your journal with blessings, an inner shift in your reality will occur. Soon you will be delighted to discover how content and hopeful you are feeling. As you focus on the abundance rather than on the lack in your life, you will be designing a wonderful new blueprint for the future. This sense of fulfillment is gratitude at work, transforming your dreams into reality.  (Simple Abundance)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...