Friday, June 21, 2013

[New Neighbors] The S'more the Merrier!





Wow, I think it's high time that I came out of retirement, don't you?  We have had week after week of really awesome family stuff that has unfortunately taken me away from this here blog.  But, things are simmering down now, and I'm ready to bring you some fun new ideas.

The economy must be picking up a bit, because after years of stagnation, the homes in our neighborhood are starting to sell.  And lots and lots of people are moving in and out.  It's always sad to say good-bye to long time friends and neighbors.  But the prospect of making new friends is something to look forward to.

I have been wanting to take a little treat around to all of the new folks to officially welcome them into the neighborhood.  This is what I came up with!  There's nothing quite like s'mores in the summertime!


I grabbed some supplies from my local grocery store.  I love to use Keebler chocolate grahams.   Less mess and less fuss.  Peanut Butter grahams and Grasshopper grahams are also delicious. You will also want to buy a bag of marshmallows.  Wrap them up with some burlap and twine and attach this free printable.  You have two options for printing.  I sent this file to Costco and had it printed on photo paper.  Or you can print this page right from your own printer onto card stock and trim as necessary.  I also opted to cut around the edges with a pair of scalloped scissors.  And there you have it...Presto!  A fun neighbor gift for just a couple of bucks.

Now all you have to do is walk next door and say hello!

2 comments:

  1. What a creative idea---I will have to remember for times in the future:) We would love for you to share at our first Super Summer Saturday party here: http://www.thechirpingmoms.com/2013/06/super-summer-saturday-party.html!

    Thanks!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite! I would love to share.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...