We just had a whole week devoted to appreciating teachers. But, why should they get all the fun? There are so many people that make the school year successful and keep our children safe and happy. As I was making this little gift, I kept thinking that those little candy bars would make the cutest little buses! And I was right!
You know by now, that I have a little love affair going on with these Hershey Nuggets. They are the most fun candy to work with. And they taste great too! To make these little gems, just follow the steps below:
1. Print out this lovely free printable!
2. Cut-out the "buses" and the bag topper.
3. Wrap the "buses" around a Hershey Nugget and secure in place with tape or glue. I like to use glue dots.
4. Punch some small circles out of black card stock. Glue them onto the buses for wheels.
5. Toss your "buses" into a cellophane bag.
6. Fold your bag topper in half and staple over the cellophane bag.
7. Greet your bus driver with this little goodie tomorrow morning and let them know how much you appreciate them!
UPDATE: The original printable above did not have "wheels" on the bus. I did this on purpose because I didn't like the look of the wheels wrapping around underneath the bus (see step 4). But I have added an additional printable to save you the extra step of punching and gluing if you are interested. Click here.
I'm linking up with: