Wednesday, March 28, 2012

[Easter] Some Bunny Loves You

We try to have a family night at least once a week.  It's always an adventure.  We play games, have family discussions, read scriptures, and watch movies among other things.  You've probably figured out by now, that one of our favorite things to do, is to go doorbell ditching.  This is an especially big hit with my five year old.  That girl can definitely ring and run!  We haven't dropped off mystery goodies for a while on account of dreary winter weather.  Slippery sidewalks can be a hazzard!  It is high time.  I whipped up this festive bunny door hanger to go with our goodies.  You will find the free printable below.  Just cut out the bunny...be sure to cut on the black fuzzy line, especially around his ears.  His ear makes the "hook" that hangs around the door knob. I added a little bow tie to mine just for fun, and of course a pompom tail on the back!



If for some reason, you are new to doorbell ditching, this is how it goes:


Step One:  Bake up something yummy or grab a treat from the store.  Package it up real cute-like.

Step Two:  Load everyone up in the car.  It's best to do this under cover of night.  (Have little ones use the potty before you go!  The excitement gets to them every time!)

Step Three:  Send one or two family members sneaking up the front walk of an unsuspecting neighbor. Make sure Dad has the car hidden from view and is ready to make a speedy get-away.

Step Four:  Hang the bunny on the door knob.  Place your goodies carefully on the landing.

Step Five:  Ring.  Ring.

Step Six:  Run like the wind!!



Need more Easter ideas?  Click here.

I'm linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. I love tip # 2 -- so true! I would love it if you would consider linking to Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy, a Sunday through Thursday link party for ideas that make life easier, better and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlene! I would love to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie, you made me so happy, you are my 100th GF friend. I could cry. Thank you!
    Oh, and I love these door bunnies. Isn't that doorbell ditching something like leaving the May Day baskets? Hey that's coming up. Thanks for sharing this, it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple! So cute! So pretty!
    My daughter and I just made some tags with your beautiful design for Easter goodies.
    Kisses from Brazil :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...