Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Bundt Cake


 One of my dear friends gave me a recipe and the ingredients for the most delicious chocolate bundt cake a couple of years ago for my birthday.  I think we have made that cake several times a month ever since.  Honestly it's that good.  I decided to try a spin-off pumpkin version today.  It's not chocolate.  But it is good.  Very very good.




I mixed things up a little further, because I needed some little treats to take to a couple of my neighbors.  When I moved out of my parents house (long long ago) and shipped off to college, my Mom gave me her specialty cast iron bundt cake pan (I'm not sure why-I think she just wanted it to go to a good home.).  It looks kind of like a cupcake pan, but instead of cupcakes, it houses six small bundt cakes.  They are bigger than the ones you see today.  This pan is heavy duty.  I'd kind of forgotton about it.  Until I cleaned out my cupboard last week.  So, instead of making one large bundt cake, I made six small bundt cakes.  I still had quite a bit of batter left, so I made 12 mini bundt cakes too.  After all that, I still had batter left, so I scooped the rest of the batter into a regular cupcake pan.  I got 11 more cupcakes.

I dusted the small bundt cakes with powdered sugar.  I decided to fill the mini versions with whipped cream.  Think Hostess cupcake-pumpkin version.  I think it would also be delicious with a drizzle of icing.


Apparently this is a very versatile batter.

Just before I headed out to visit my friends, I carefully lowered three mini cakes in a jar and tied it with a bow.  They are a little hard to see in this picture, but you get the idea.  I hope they liked them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...