Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Believe in Pink

I believe in pink.  I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.  I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.  I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.  I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.  I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn 

Today's post is brought to you by the color pink.  Because it's snowing like no tomorrow outside.  What if snow was pink?  That would be fun.  You know.  Just to mix things up a bit.  Maybe just one pink snow day a year.  Right before Valentine's day. 


This party mix is pink and yummy and guaranteed to make you happy.  Which in turn will make you pretty.  Eat some.  You'll like it.


Start with some pretzels.  Heart shaped would be fun.  I had these awesome square waffle-y ones.  Drizzle them with some milk chocolate.


Now pop a bag of microwave popcorn.  Pour it into a bowl.  


While you are at it.  Pour a bag of white chocolate chips into a bowl too.  Not the same bowl.  A different bowl.  A microwave safe bowl.  Microwave it at 40 percent power for thirty second intervals...until it is all melty and wonderful.  Pour it over the popcorn and stir it well.  Dump it out onto a cookie sheet and let the chocolate set.  You can pop it into the freezer for a minute, if you are in a hurry.


Next up...strawberry wafer cookies!  Delish!  I decided to cut mine up into little squares.  Beware--your children and most likely your husband will try to sneak some of the cookies while you aren't looking.  They're little rascals, aren't they?  


Break your popcorn up into little bunches.  Add dump them into a serving bowl or two.  Add your chocolate pretzels.  Sprinkle your wafer squares on top.  Add some nuts.  I chose cashews.  Then I added strawberry malted milk balls and pink and red M&Ms.   Mix it up a bit. 


Now snuggle up under a warm cozy blanket with your honey and watch Breakfast at Tiffany's  just for fun.  She believes in pink.  And so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...