Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Candy Calendar 2012

 
 
Grab your glue guns and a bag of candy!!  It's that time of year again. 


Time to make a candy calendar!  Remember this one from last year?  I made an updated version for 2012.  I've pretty much done all of the hard work for you.  It's basically a four step process.


Step One:  Click here to print your calendar onto a piece of heavy card stock.

Step Two:  Use your glue gun to carefully glue a piece of candy (small wrapped candy works best) to each square of the calendar.

This is a great step for the kids to help with.  I put the glue on the back of the candy and let her press it onto the paper.
 Step Three:  Cut a strip of heavy cardboard (I used a piece of a box) to reinforce your calendar if your candy is particularly heavy.  I cut my strip eleven inches long and three inches wide.  Punch two holes on each side of the top of your calendar.  You will also need to punch matching holes in your cardboard.  The card board strip obviously goes on the back of the calendar where it won't be seen.

Step Four:  Thread some ribbon through the holes and tie it in a bow at the top.  Hang your calendar in a place of distinction, and enjoy!


We went with a red and white candy theme.  You can buy one bag of your favorite candy and use the same kind for each day.  Or buy a variety of candy to mix things up a bit. 

 "So simple...so easy...so perfectly perfect!" (Name that children's book!)

I had a lot of candy left-over.  It would be really fun to make a bunch of these and gift them to your friends.  Or hide your candy in the back of the pantry and save it for a really fun project that I will be posting soon.  Which is of course, what I did.  Can't wait to show you what I have up my sleeve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...