Saturday, September 22, 2012

Homecoming Corsages

 


Tonight is the big Homecoming dance at our local high school.  I attempted to make some corsages for the occasion.  I'm getting a little better.  Practice makes perfect, right?  My son's date is wearing a royal blue gown with gold jewelry.  So we went with white roses and white carnations and gold accents.

 
My son's  friend asked me to make a corsage for him too.  His date is also wearing a blue gown, but with silver accents.  You can barely see the silver ribbon in this picture (on the right side).  I think it looks very elegant.  And the flowers smell divine!

I bought a bouquet of two dozen roses at Costco and the carnations at WalMart.  I made two corsages and a boutonniere.  And I have a gorgeous bouquet of the leftover flowers on my dining room table.  By the time all was said and done, it only cost me ten dollars.  Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...