Portion cups. Condiment cups. Souffle cups. Whatever you want to call them. I [heart] them.
The two ounce size.
A few years back I discovered these mini wonders at my local restaurant supply store. You simply must buy the coordinating lids, or you will regret it forever. These little cups revolutionized sack lunches around our place. My kids were past lunch boxes, so we needed something disposable. Something to hold all those delectable dips and sauces that take lunch from "ho hum" to "out of this world". Or something like that.
Need some ideas? Here are some of the things we have put in our cups and the items that go with them.
- Peanut butter and apple slices.
- Peanut butter and crackers.
- Peanut butter and celery.
- Salsa and tortilla chips.
- Caramel topping and apple slices.
- Dulce de Leche and a spoon! (I kid. Sort of.)
- One word--FROSTING! (goes great with graham crackers or cookies)
- Salad dressing to go with your favorite salad.
- Ranch dressing and baby carrots
- Ranch dressing and cucumber slices.
- Ranch dressing and grape tomatoes.
- Ranch dressing and broccoli florets. (I think you get the idea)
- Fruit dip and strawberries.
- Yogurt dip with pineapple chunks.
- Marshmallow dip and grapes or melon chunks or bananas
- Spinach dip with crusty bread or crackers.
- Artichoke dip with bread or crackers.
- Cream cheese and a bagel.
- Chip dip and potato chips
- Raspberry or honey butter with homemade bread.
- Velveeta cheese and crackers.
I was in no way compensated for this post by the plastic cup companies of the world. I just love them. Thought you might too. You're welcome.