Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Memorial Day


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  Yesterday was the most beautiful day in our little corner of the world.


I love where I live!  I've lived in this area for over twenty-five years now.  (Wow, that sure is a long time!)  Anyway, I have always loved the tradition of Memorial Day that people celebrate around these parts.  Almost everyone brings flowers to the cemeteries to decorate the graves of their loved ones.


The cemetery grounds are so beautiful and alive with flowers.


I don't remember that being the case in the town I grew up in.  I don't know if it is unique to this area, but I really love it!  It's just so beautiful.

We visited two different cemeteries.  We placed flowers on the graves of both sets of my husband's grandparents.  Next year I'd like to drive a little farther and visit the cemetery in the town where my folks were raised.  I tried to get a picture of the grounds that would do it justice.  But there were so many people and cars that it was really really difficult.  I think I might go back this morning and try to take another.  We are just so blessed to have such a rich heritage.  And doubly blessed to live in this land of freedom.  I have been so grateful for all of those brave men and women that have given their all to protect and preserve the freedoms that we enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...