Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Christmas Bucket List



 Isn't it funny how one thing leads to another?  I had some leftover candy bars from this project.  So, I got to thinking...

I decided that it might be nice to have a way to make sure that we took time out this holiday season to relax and enjoy one another.  I brainstormed some ideas of simple things that we could do together as a family.  I printed out my list on the back of a cute piece of scrapbook paper that I had in my stash.  Then I used my handy dandy paper cutter to cut them into strips.  At this point, I grabbed my December calendar from off of the fridge.  I wanted to assign certain activities to certain dates.  If I had a really busy day scheduled, I chose something simple like "reading a story" for that day.  If I had a day when things were a little more free, I scheduled one of the bigger ticket items.  After I manipulated the activities to fit our schedule, I stamped the coordinating date on the wrapper and taped the wrapper to the candy bar.  Then I tossed them into a festive bowl.

Now we are all set to open a candy bar each day leading up to Christmas and enjoy the activity together as a family.  The kids get out of school really early this year.  I am stacking some of the bigger activities towards that last week before Christmas.  I think this will be a fun way to keep them busy and give them something to look forward to.
*****

Want to make some too?  All you need is a sheet of scrapbook paper, some candy bars (I used Hershey nuggets) and some way to date them (I used rubber stamps).  Oh, and you will probably want to use some scotch tape.

Need some ideas of what to write on your wrappers?

Here's my list:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...